Introducing the latest member to the Sherlock Family, the Buddy 15 Guitar amp
Perfect for small gigs, recordings or just taking around to a mates
place for a jam.
This little amp features a 12 inch speaker powered by an El84, 15
watt; class A push pull output stage. We wanted to keep this amp as
simple as possible so we have included only the bear essentials like
a single Input, a Volume, and a Tone control.
But don't be fooled this little amp can provide a very decent clean
volume but when push into blues territory produces creamy rich break
up and is quite loud. And now due to popular demand, the Buddy has Reverb.
||Red Buddy amp covered in Wine Buggy Whip Taurus. This amp was built in a slightly larger
cab with a 12" speaker.
||Rear of the Wine Buggy whip Buddy above.
Fitted with a Ceramic Blue Dog Britsh speaker.
||The Buddys front panel with Illuminated Buddy 15 DR logo
The Buddy circuitry is all built on our custom turret board as shown. All pots and tubes sockets are then wire to the turret board to ensure trouble free operation and ease of maintenance.
- All Tube Technology: using 3 selected 12ax7 tubes, 2 matched
EL84 power tubes and 5U4G or 5AR4 rectifier tube.
- Input: 1 single input.
- Gain Control: Set the anmout of preamp gain for the preamp section.
- Volume Control: Turned down low for a clean loud tone or
increase to push the power stage into overdrive for rich creamy
- Tone Controls: Bass and Treble Cuts connected in a Baxandall configuration.
- Reverb: The Buddy is now fitted with a Belton Digital Reverb Modue.
- Reverb Controls: Dwell and Reverb Level with tube reverb recovery. Reverb footswitch socket fitted (footswitch extra)
- Power Amp section: comprises 2 x EL84/6BQ5 wired in pure
class A for a fat 15 watts of dynamic tone.
- Tube rectifier: for Vintage sag, 5ar4 for a tighter, bolder
sound or a 5u4g for a softer sound with slightly less power or silicon
diodes for the tightest punchiest sound.
- Speaker Output socket: 8 ohm impedances with speaker plug wired to speaker.
- Speaker: Celestion Vintage 30 speakers or Geenback. Other speakers we could use would be Jensen 12". we could also fit a 10" in a smaller cab if required..
- Transformers: are, high quality, hand wound, using vintage
transformer winding techniques, also featured is Grain Oriented
Steel for superb sound quality and reliability.
- Point to Point: Internal wiring of components, using orange
drop/mallory caps, vintage carbon resistors and ceramic tube sockets.
We also use quality hardware such as Carling switches, Switchcraft
sockets and C.T.S. pots fitted with black bakelite chicken head
knobs. Chassis is 1.6mm steel with welded seems covered in gloss
black powered coating. Cabinets are CC grade Australian marine Plywood
15mm thick, covered in black 30 oz. Broco Tolex with quality hardware
fitted. (Other colors upon request).
- Hand Made Quality: all Sherlock Amplifiers products are
made by hand, not machines, ensuring the highest quality of construction
which means, they sound fantastic, they are extremely reliable and
will last a lifetime.
- Weight: 15 kg's approx. depending on the speaker.
- Size: 1x12 Combo, 54cm (W), 48cm (H), 28cm (D)
|buddy Reverb, 1 X12 Combo - RRP AU$1350 (depending on speaker)
||How to Purchase